Attention All Tree Lovers! Coming soon...
It has been nearly a decade since the first publication of the popular Le Roux and Müller’s Field Guide to the Trees & Shrubs of Namibia. Over the years, the guide has become a trusted field companion to the flora enthusiasts as well as specialists in the field visiting our country.
Namibia Publishing House is pleased to announce that the Second Edition of the guide is in the making, coming out by May 2018.
Comprehensively updated by editors Coleen Mannheimer and Barbara Curtis, it will feature:
- more than 1 000 photographs, of which over 400 are new
- additional species descriptions, including seven species new to science
- a description, distribution map, and photos of all aspects of the plant, where possible, for each species
- highlights to the distinguishing characteristics
- local names to most species
- keys to families, genera, and species, as well as hints on field identification, habitat and uses
- revised and expanded main key, with drawings and photos to help the reader
- colour-coding for most important families along the margins for ease of reference.
This Second Edition of the guide to Namibian woody plants will appeal to the botanists and laymen alike. It will be a perfect gift to any tree lover out there, so don't hesitate to place your orders!
Call 061 232 165 and ask for Le Roux and Müller’s Field Guide to the Trees & Shrubs of Namibia Second Edition. ISBN 978-99916-2-821-9.