|Publisher||Namibia Publishing House|
|Print Price||N$ 585.00|
Developed with the NSSCAS English Second Language Syllabus in mind, this brand new Solid Foundations English Second Language Grade 12 for NSSCAS course aims to build a bridge between Grade 12 and tertiary education, instilling in learners natural curiosity and passion for learning, ensuring proficiency in English Second Language and giving learners the confidence to pursue further studies or proceed to employment.
Key features of the Learner’s Book:
• rich, educational texts that stimulate learners’ interest, awareness of contemporary issues and development of positive values
• wide range of activities designed to practise learners’ skills of analysis, synthesis, interpretation, evaluation and critical thinking
• numerous tasks that focus on refining learners’ reading and directed writing skills, essay writing and grammar and language usage in order to facilitate optimal performance on the exam
• exam focus sections half way and at the end of the course to give learners opportunity to test their performance.
Key features of the Teacher’s Guide:
• unit overviews, background information and comprehensive, clear and easy to use teaching steps for every lesson or activity
• free CD containing all listening activities in the Learner’s Book and Teacher’s Guide
• suggested answers to all activities in the Leaner’s Book with mark allocations and guidance, where needed, for ease of assessment
• two bonus mock examination papers with memoranda to test learners’ exam writing skills.